A Celebration of Research
2023 College of Arts & Sciences Research Poster Session:
Mon, Nov 13 l 10:00 am - 2:00 pm l AMU Ballrooms
This event showcases and celebrates the many contributions and rich variety of research that takes place within the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences. This event will take place in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU) ballrooms from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. with a short program starting at 11:30 a.m.
Open to all College faculty, students (graduate and undergraduate) and staff from all departments in the College with the following objectives
- Demonstrate the breadth of research and creative projects of our faculty, students and staff.
- Promote engagement in research and experiential learning in the college.
- Encourage interaction and discussion with researchers and peers in other disciplines, departments and majors.
- Connect with and discuss your research with a wide range of people. A great way to improve and fine-tune your presentation skills.
Poster Session Guidelines and information can be found below. Please contact us with any questions.
We look forward to seeing your work!
Expand all | Collapse all
All Klingler College of Arts and Sciences faculty members, graduate students, undergraduate students and staff are welcome to participate.
Each person can be the presenter on one poster.
Though the intent to submit deadline has passed, please contact the college office if you are interested in participating.
Poster Design and Elements
Main elements of a poster include: title, brief introduction and highlights of the research idea(s), conclusions, methods and results, literature cited, references and acknowledgements. Here is a sample poster design to review.
- Self-explanatory graphics should dominate the poster. A minimum amount of text materials should supplement the graphic materials.
- Print should be readable three to six feet away.
- Use font sizes proportional to importance.
- Be sure to edit and evaluate your content before printing.
- Common dimensions for posters are 24x36, 36x42 and 42x42. Portrait or landscape orientation is acceptable; none of the dimensions should exceed 42".
- No matter what software you design your poster in, adjust the size so it scales and prints well. When saving your final document, be sure to save it as a PDF (if you are having it printed at the Raynor library)
The deadline to have posters printed at Raynor library has passed, please contact the college office if you need help with printing.
Event Day Set-Up: Monday, November 13
- Please be sure that your poster is ready to present at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, November 13. The Alumni Memorial Ballrooms will be open for set-up starting at 8:30 a.m. on this day.
- Posters will be either wall-mounted or displayed on easels. Easels and poster boards will be available for use and push pins and tape will be on hand.
- Posters are encouraged even if faculty, students or staff cannot be present for the entire time. We understand that teaching/class/work schedules might conflict.
- College staff will be on hand to assist you.
Event Day Program: 11:30 a.m.
There will be a short program starting at 11:30 a.m.
- Dr. Heidi Bostic, Dean of the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Kimo Ah Yun, Provost
- Dr. Jeanne Hossenlopp, Vice President for Research and Innovation