Welcome! We hope this website provides content and resources that will serve as a guide on your career journey.
Business Career Center Overview
Exploring career possibilities? Looking for that “dream” job? Want to hire students who are ready to “hit the ground running”? Thinking about a new career? The Business Career Center provides exceptional career resources for students, alumni, and employers. With our partner, the Marquette University Career Services Center, we offer professional career preparation and development for undergraduate students. Special programs include our LEAD courses, Mentor Program, and employer relations specialized for business fields.
Student & Alumni Appointments
Business Career Center staff offer appointments for a range of career needs, from document review to industry exploration to interview prep. Students and alumni are invited to schedule meetings via Handshake. Students and alumni have the option for 15, 30, or 60 minute appointments depending on the nature of the items to be discussed (alumni are encouraged to utilize the 45 minute alumni option, though the other times are also options). Further, you are welcome to continue to email resumes, cover letters and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for electronic review.
Virtual / In-Person Appointments: When scheduling through Handshake, virtual Business Career Center appointments will be available for sign-up. If you would prefer to meet in-person, after scheduling your date/time in Handshake, please contact our office at (414) 288-7927 or email@example.com by 4pm the business day prior to your appointment to request an in-person appointment. In-person appointments are best suited for meetings that are more conversation-focused. If you are interested in reviewing documents (resumes, cover letters, etc.), a virtual meeting enables a better interaction through screen sharing and an in-person option will not be available in fall 2021. (Documents can be more difficult to review and discuss while social distancing.) In-person appointments will be held in a larger meeting room on the College of Business 2nd floor and masks will be required.
Job and internship opportunities as well as employer-provided virtual events will continue to be posted within Handshake. Students are encouraged to remain active in their career exploration and job/internship searches.
Reserve a Quiet Space to Interview
Students may reserve a College of Business Administration 2nd floor space to complete phone or virtual interviews. Monthly sign-ups are available below. If the sign-up is full for the date and time you need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one business day in advance and we will be happy to check into additional 2nd floor options.
Interview Sign-Up: October, November, December
Get started with Handshake
Handshake is a modern and interactive career development platform. Students, alumni and employers are encouraged to use Handshake to connect through job and internship opportunities, on-campus interviews, and career events. Students may schedule Business Career Center appointments online and access subscription-based resources through the Handshake “resources” library.
Find Out More About the Business Career Center
Expand all | Collapse all
The mission of the Business Career Center is to:
- Provide students with a well-rounded, competitive skill set that includes career coaching and applied learning experiences needed to secure a position at an employer of choice upon graduation.
- Develop strategic partnerships with employers to provide shadowing, internship, and permanent employment opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Partner with key local, regional, and national employers to understand their current and future employment needs.
- Serve as a resource to alumni, community partners, and faculty.
Karen Rinehart, Director
Hannah Lubar, Assistant Director
Connie Knoll, Office Associate
Juniper Beatty, Graduate Assistant
The Business Career Center in the College of Business Administration and Graduate School of Management at Marquette University is located in the Executive Center on the 2nd Floor of Straz Hall, Room 277. Straz Hall is building 12 on the campus map. The closest visitor parking to Straz Hall is in structure 2, on the northeast corner of 13th and Wells Streets (building 67 on the campus map).
Our Campus Career Partners
- Career Services Center: The campus-wide Career Services Center serves students across colleges and majors. The CSC oversees Handshake administration, hosts the majority of on-campus interviews and coordinates career fairs. Visit the CSC website for staff profiles and office contact information.
- College of Engineering Co-Op & Internship Program: The College of Engineering Co-operative Education Program was one of the nation's first and is one of its most renowned. Learn more. The Engineering Office of Industry Relations can be reached at email@example.com.
- College of Communication: In addition to posting on Handshake, if you wish to connect with College of Communication students, please contact their internship office.
- Kinger College of Arts and Sciences: The College of Arts and Sciences has several opportunities for career education and internship coordination, including the Les Aspin Center for Government (providing academic and internship programming focused on the public policy making process). A&S students interested in internship or career planning should contact the Career Services Center. Additionally, the Marquette University Arts & Sciences Paid Internship Program provides a $1600 stipend and academic credit for up to 35 individual students each semester participating in unpaid internships (deadlines and eligibility vary. This program is funded through a grant provided by the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations.
Follow us on Instagram!