Graduate Certificate in Leadership
The leadership certificate program is designed for working professionals who are preparing themselves for leadership positions in government, corporations or not-for-profit organizations around the globe. It balances practical skills with a value-based foundation, making you a better leader wherever you choose to go!
- Apply the discipline of leadership to creatively engage the community in meeting its challenges.
- Identify an ethical issue and apply ethical principles, values, theories or frameworks to leadership practice.
- Possess the cultural and communication skills necessary to interact in a reciprocal exchange that honors the human dignity of all persons.
- Apply theory and principles of group dynamics in assuming multiple group roles and responsibilities.
- The graduate certificate program requires completion of five courses (15 credit hours) from a prescribed list of LEDR courses.
- On average, the program is completed in one to two years. The certificate must be completed within three years.
- Students may transfer up to 9 credits earned through the Leadership Certificate to a Graduate School of Management master’s degree. Students pursing the Leadership Certificate who plan to complete a GSM a master’s degree are encouraged to reach out to the Graduate School of Management promptly to ensure exploration of enrollment efficiencies.
Required - 15 credits
This certificate has rolling admission, which means you may apply any time before the following dates:
- Fall term admissions – August 1 (June 1 for international applicants)
- Spring term admissions – December 15 (October 15 for international applicants)
- Summer term admissions – April 15 (summer start not available for international applicants)
Applications to the Leadership Certificate program require:
- A completed online application form and $50 fee, waived if you attend an online info session
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges except Marquette1
- Completed or nearly completed baccalaureate degree with a minimum 2.750 GPA.
- Essay questions on the application form
- Resume or job profile
- Possible interview
Additional requirements for international students:
1 Upon admission, final official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities, with certified English translations if original language is not English, must be submitted to the Graduate School within the first five weeks of the term of admission or a hold preventing registration for future terms will be placed on the student’s record.
Please see the GSM Admissions Process website for additional details about application materials.
Program and application questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Please apply here.