Ignatian Leadership Retreat
August 21-23, 2022
Students who share a desire to put their faith and leadership potential into action in their new Marquette environment are invited to the Ignatian Leadership Retreat (ILR) prior to new student orientation. Build community, have fun, make friends and ask big questions about your journey at Marquette, all before school even begins!
On this retreat, you will find yourself:
- listening to peers share how the Ignatian focused pillars of Marquette have shaped their college experience.
- meeting and becoming friends with other students who share your values.
- spending time reflecting on how Jesuit ideals are found within your life.
- exploring and enjoying the beautiful lake and grounds of the retreat center.
- sharing insights in small groups.
- praying both alone and as a faith community.
- relaxing away from campus to focus on yourself and God.
- having fun!
First-year and transfer students of all faith backgrounds.
$30 for all transportation, food and lodging for the entire retreat. Financial assistance is readily available; see the Retreat FAQ page for more information.
Lutherdale Ministries - Elkhorn, WI
Lutherdale is a camp/retreat center environment set on the Lauderdale Lakes waterfront. There’s abundant land to walk and explore, big sports fields and a large chapel. The retreat center features comfortable bedrooms, a full kitchen and several lounges for games, music and hanging out.
- Pre-retreat: Optional early drop-off in residence hall (tentative, subject to final move-in schedule as determined by the Office of Residence Life)
- Sunday, 3:00 p.m.: Meet at Campus Ministry (AMU 236)
- Sunday, 3:30 p.m.: Retreat begins, depart for Lutherdale Ministries
- Tuesday, August 23, 5:30 p.m.: Return to Marquette
- Tuesday evening: Optional dinner (no additional cost)
- Wednesday and Thursday: Move into residence halls (Sunday is for dropping off belongings only, not a full move-in)
We hope to offer an option for students to stay overnight on Tuesday on campus for an additional fee; updates will appear on this webpage, or contact Mary Sue Callan-Farley with questions.
Registration for the Ignatian Leadership Retreat is now open. Registration will close on Sunday, July 31 or when the retreat reaches capacity, whichever comes first.
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Mary Sue Callan-Farley
Campus Ministry, AMU 236