- Career Services Mission, Vision and Goals
- Career Services Staff Profiles
- Office Information
- Complementary Offices
- Community Resources
- Career Services Student Employment
Career Services Center
Holthusen Hall, First Floor
1324 W. Wisconsin Avenue
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Phone: (414) 288-7423
Fax: (414) 288-5302
CONNECT WITH US
PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBPAGE?
Report an accessibility problem
To report another problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission, Vision and Goals
The mission of the Marquette University Career Services Center is to empower undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni to engage in ongoing career discernment in pursuit of lives of meaning and purpose within an ecosystem of campus partners, employers, and surrounding communities.
Marquette University’s Career Services Center envisions a Marquette community dedicated to cross-functional, proactive approaches to the professional formation of undergraduate and graduate students. Intrinsic to this vision is a continued investment in building equitable access to career education, exploration, and opportunities, empowering all students to be the difference now and throughout their lifetimes.
Strategic Plan Goals
Advance Marquette as a highly ranked destination university, renowned for academic rigor, high-impact educational experiences, innovation in teaching and learning, and achievement of its community of scholars.
Career Services' Goal: Engage students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and parents in activities that support career education
- Objective 1: Determine strategic partnership opportunities with students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and parents in activities that support career education.
- Objective 2: Expand engagement opportunities and refine existing opportunities for students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and parents that support career development.
- Objective 3: Develop and implement outreach tactics to increase awareness about engagement opportunities for students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and parents with the Career Services Center.
Distinguished by our ethics, service and promotion of justice, position Marquette as a pivotal partner and resource to address issues within our community and beyond its boundaries.
Career Services' Goal: Grow partnerships with surrounding Marquette neighborhoods, City of Milwaukee, and Southeastern Wisconsin to strengthen employment pipelines between Marquette and the local community.
- Objective 1: Determine untapped strategic employer partnership opportunities with surrounding Marquette neighborhoods, City of Milwaukee, and Southeastern Wisconsin
- Objective 2: Expand engagement opportunities related to recruiting at Marquette for employers in Marquette neighborhoods, City of Milwaukee, and Southeastern Wisconsin
- Objective 3: Develop and implement outreach tactics to increase student awareness of opportunities within surrounding Marquette neighborhoods, City of Milwaukee, and Southeastern Wisconsin
- Objective 4: Contribute to Marquette neighborhoods, City of Milwaukee, and Southeastern Wisconsin using specific expertise of Career Services Center
Advance Marquette as a university committed to research and scholarship with a distinctive emphasis on excellence in strategically defined areas, including innovation.
Career Services' Goal: Support student awareness of research opportunities connection to career goals. Within the Career Services Center, foster an environment of innovative problem solving that supports new ways of approaching student career formation.
- Objective 1: Determine strategic partnerships that support student awareness of research and innovation opportunities
- Objective 2: Develop resources to educate students about research and innovation opportunities
- Objective 3: Implement outreach tactics to increase student awareness about research opportunities
- Objective 4: Infuse innovation into how the Career Services Center approaches student career formation
To develop persons of faith, hope, and love committed to service for and with others.
Career Services' Goal: Guide the career formation of students as a part of holistic formation of hearts and minds.
- Objective: Increase emphasis on values assessment as an important part of career formation as a part of a Marquette education.
- Objective 2: Include employers with values similar to Marquette in Career Services Center employer portfolio.
- Objective 3: Increase tools and resources for students to reflect on experiences.
Foster a diverse teaching and learning environment and a culture that values, respects, welcomes and promotes a sense of belonging for members of our campus and our community.
Career Services' Goal: Commit to listening, learning, and acting to intentionally contribute to a culture of belonging at Marquette and in the greater community.
- Objective 1: Require ongoing professional development related to diversity, equity, and inclusion of all Career Services Center employees and use learnings to act on creating change.
- Objective 2: Determine strategic partnerships to advance positive change related to DEI in the workplace.
- Objective 3: Develop resources to advance positive change related to DEI in the workplace
- Objective 4: Implement tactics to increase awareness of the importance of strategic DEI efforts in the workplace
Continuously improve university operations to increase efficiencies, sustain shared resources and thrive in tomorrow’s competitive higher education landscape.
Career Services' Goal: Be mindful of continuous attention to an environment in which employees thrive, operating efficiency is maximized, and budgeting is thoughtful and creative.
Objective 1: Prioritize staff professional development and maximize use of free resources.
Objective 2: Secure external funding for career initiatives.
Objective 3: Contribute to University admissions and retention initiatives.
Objective 4: Ensure the Career Services Center is accessible, inviting, and relevant to all students.