Important note regarding your I-9

On the first day of employment, NEW student employees should report to Marquette Central to complete the I-9 form. The hiring employer will provide the student with a copy of the placement form. The student should bring the placement form and his/her verifying documents to the Office of Student Financial Aid (MUCentral) in person to complete the I-9 form. Students who do not complete the I-9 form on the first day of employment are not authorized to work on campus. Note: the I-9 form only needs to be completed once unless the student has left the university or stopped working for one year or more. If there is a break in student status or employment of one year or more, then the student is required to complete a new I9 before working on campus again.

Important note: Federal law mandates that we view original documents (i.e., U.S. Passport, Social Security card, driver’s license). Therefore, copies, PDF versions, other electronic versions, or faxes of documents are not acceptable. Please be sure to check the last page of the I-9 form for a list of acceptable documents. If an item from list A is selected, then only one item is needed. However, if an item from list B is selected, then an item from list C is also needed.

International students will need the following items to complete their I9 form with the Office of Student Employment:

  • Unexpired passport
  • I-94 card
  • I-20 form
  • Confirmation Letter from the Office of International Education
  • Job Placement form from the hiring employer

I-9 Form (Marquette Central will provide this form, do not pre-fill)

Note: All files are in PDF format . Please download viewers for these files as needed.
Download Adobe Acrobat.