Companions in Ministry includes retreat time, small group discussions 8-10 times a year, plenaries, Sabbath time, and opportunities for spiritual companionship and spiritual direction. Under the direction of Marquette University Department of Psychology faculty, participants take part in a personal assessment of their well-being. The assessments are conducted prior to the start of the program and at the end of the program (two 45 minute interviews with their group leader and two online surveys, 30 minutes each).
Consider applying for Companions in Ministry Cohort Five!
- Cohorts Three, Four and Five are active! Cohorts One and Two are completed.
Here is what participants can expect:
- Small groups meet 8-10 times a year or more (online if needed)
- Use of the Shared Inquiry method of discussion
- Retreat time at the beginning and end of the cohort program
- 2 plenary sessions per year focusing on clergy well-being and resiliency
- Pre/post assessment interviews and surveys
- $1,000 stipend for participants at the end of the program; $2,000 stipend for group leaders