Dr. Thomas KaczmarekMarquette University
Cudahy Hall, 375MilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjunct Associate Professor and Director, MS in Computer and Information Science
Department of Computer Science
Thomas Kaczmarek initiated the curriculum initiatives and administered the staffing for the specialization in Information Assurance and Cyber Defense that is pivotal in the designation of Marquette University as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.
He created the Center for Cyber Security Awareness and Cyber Defense at Marquette University. Initiated and led efforts with industrial contacts and other academic units in the creation of the Center and the CAE review of the center.
Thomas Kaczmarek also served as the founding Marquette University co-director of the Northwestern Mutual Data Science Institute. Working with the partners in this effort directed creation of vision, mission and operating principles and initiated programs and projects for the institute.
- Information Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Professional Seminar in Computing
- Business Intelligence
- Business Analytics
- Principles of Service Management and System Administration
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Verification and Validation
- Knowledge Representation
- Educational Technology, Computer Science Education
- Software and Computer Management Methodologies
- Gary Krenz, Thomas Kaczmarek, An MS in CS for non-CS Majors: Moving to Increase Diversity of Thought and Demographics in CS, SIGCSE 2020, Portland Washington/Virtual, 2020
- Gary Krenz, Thomas Kaczmarek, Graduate Curriculum Initiative, COSMIC: Change Opportunity - Start Masters in Computing, SIGCSE 2019, Minneapolis Minnesota, 201
- Computer-Aided Materials Selection During Structural Design, National Research Council. Committee on Application Of Expert Systems To Materials Selection During Structural Design 1995.
- Thomas Kaczmarek, Robert Neches, John Seely Brown, Phil Hayes, Thomas W. Malone, Dic Waters, Robert Wilensky, Mike Williams, Panel: Where Should The Intelligence In Intelligent Interfaces Be Placed? AAAI 1986.
- Thomas Kaczmarek, Raymond Bates, Gabriel Robins, Recent Developments In Nikl.AAAI 1986.
- T. Kaczmarek, A Network Architecture For Intelligent Workstation Interfaces,Workstation '85: 1st International Conference and Exhibit on Computer Workstations.
- T. Kaczmarek, N. Sondheimer, W. Mark, The Consul/Cue Interface: An Integrated Interactive Environment. CHI ’83 – Conference on Human Factors in Computer Systems.