Appointments and Referrals
What is Periodontics?
Periodontics is a specialty to prevent, diagnose and treat gum disease. Your care will be provided by a resident who is a qualified dentist and is now being trained as a specialist. Our residents treat patients on a daily basis under the supervision of our Periodontics faculty.
What is gum disease?
Gums that bleed with brushing, flossing, constant bad breath, swollen gums, gums that move away to show the root of the tooth, or bone loss.
Services we provide
- Pocket reduction procedures like Gingivectomy (removing infected gum)
- Gum graft surgery
- Bone grafting
- Crown lengthening
- Tooth exposure for braces/orthodontic treatment
Who we serve?
- Adults: Yes
- Children: Yes, but restrictions apply
- Special needs: Yes, but restrictions apply
What to expect?
Specialized care is provided by residents under the supervision of licensed periodontists. Because we are a teaching institution, appointments may take longer.
- Call (414) 288-6790, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 A.M. and 4 P.M. to speak with a representative or schedule your initial screening consultation.
- Current patients that have an emergency outside of regular business hours may contact our After-Hours emergency service at (262) 521-4997
- Current patients that have a dental emergency during regular business hours please contact your assigned student or Clinic Coordinator
- Emergency walk-in service is available for people in the community who need emergency care.