- Online Course Development
- Online Program Development
- Program Guidelines
- Accessible Technology
- Digital Learning Team
- Contact Us
- For questions about online teaching or course design, submit your questions to the Distance Learning Helpdesk portal.
Walk-in Consultation Hours
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Room 326 Raynor Library
PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBPAGE?
Report an accessibility problem
To report another problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Started in D2L
Learn the basics in D2L from setting up your profile to adding content and dates to the calendar. Download our D2L templates to help fast-track your course deveoplement:
- The course template is customizable and includes examples and suggestions on how to organize content.
- The Start Here module includes a syllabus template and additional resources to support student success.
D2L User Settings
Upload a profile picture
Add your profile picture to add presence to your course. Share your contact information and other optional information.
Set up Notifications
Notifications is user-specific. Remind your students to set up notifications to receive timely email or text reminders about due dates, released and updated grades, and new and updated news items.
D2L Course Opens on First Day of Class
D2L Course Dates
The course opens on the first day of class and closes two weeks after the last day. It is recommended to open the class one week early.
Email the Classlist
Send your students a welcome message along with the syllabus prior to the start of class.
Import content from a previous site or learning management site
Copy content from a previous term or upload a zip file of course components from D2L or from another LMS.
Upload content to a module in Content tool.
- Upload content into D2L (text)
- Upload content into D2L (video tutorial)
Go to Calendar
Add events to the calendar. This keeps the students on track with course deadlines. They will see the calendar dates on the course home page under upcoming events or in Content tool under Course Schedule. Student can track dates through the Pulse App as well. Brightspace Pulse is available for download from any global Google Play™ store or Apple App Store®.
- If you enter a due date for a dropbox folder or quiz, then the calendar is automatically populated.