- Online Course Development
- Online Program Development
- Program Guidelines
- Accessible Technology
- Digital Learning Team
- Contact Us
- For questions about online teaching or course design, submit your questions to the Distance Learning Helpdesk portal.
Walk-in Consultation Hours
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Room 326 Raynor Library
PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBPAGE?
Report an accessibility problem
To report another problem, please contact email@example.com.
Some of these resources are made available through our library database, and will require you to login to MARQNET ID to get to the full text.
- Al-Hattami, Abdulghani Ali. 2019. “The Perception of Students and Faculty Staff on the Role of Constructive Feedback.” International Journal of Instruction 12 (1): 885–94.
- Leibold, Nancyruth, and Laura Marie Schwarz. “The Art of Giving Online Feedback.” Journal of Effective Teaching 15, no. 1 (January 1, 2015): 34–46.
- Isnawati, Ida, Gunadi Harry Sulistyo, Utami Widiati, and Nunung Suryati. 2019. International Journal of Instruction 12 (1): 669–84.
- Handayani, Rif’ati Dina, Marlina Ummas Genisa, and Triyanto. “Empowering Physics Students’ Performance in a Group Discussion through Two Types of Peer Assessment.” International Journal of Instruction 12, no. 1 (January 1, 2019): 655–68.
- Chowdhury, Faieza. 2019. “Application of Rubrics in the Classroom: A Vital Tool for Improvement in Assessment, Feedback and Learning.” International Education Studies 12 (1): 61–68.
- Rawlusyk, P. E. 2018. “Assessment in Higher Education and Student Learning.” Journal of Instructional Pedagogies 21 (October).
- Cachero-Gonzalez, Maria Luz, Antonio Medina-Rivilla, Maria Concepcion Dominguez-Garrido, and Maria Medina-Dominguez. 2019. “The Learning Platform in Distance Higher Education: Students’ Perceptions.” Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education 20 (1): 71–95.
- Kibaru, Francis. “Supporting Faculty to Face Challenges in Design and Delivery of Quality Courses in Virtual Learning Environments.” Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education 19, no. 4 (October 1, 2018): 176–97.
- Hultberg, Patrik, David Santandreu Calonge, and Eugene Lee. 2018. “Promoting Long-Lasting Learning through Instructional Design.” Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning 18 (3): 26–43.
- Jan, Shazia K., and Panos Vlachopoulos. 2018. “Influence of Learning Design of the Formation of Online Communities of Learning.” International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning 19 (4): 1–16.
- Al-Azawei, Ahmed, et al. “Universal Design for Learning (UDL): A Content Analysis of Peer-Reviewed Journal Papers from 2012 to 2015.” Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, vol. 16, no. 3, June 2016, pp. 39–56. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=eric&AN=EJ1104867&site=eds-live.
- Rice, Mary F. “Supporting Literacy with Accessibility: Virtual School Course Designers’ Planning for Students with Disabilities.” Online Learning 22, no. 4 (December 1, 2018): 161–79.
Adult Learning Theory
- Cox, Elaine. “Coaching and Adult Learning: Theory and Practice.” New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, no. 148, Jan. 2015, pp. 27–38.
- Gilstrap, Donald L. “Why Do We Teach? Adult Learning Theory in Professional Standards as a Basis for Curriculum Development.” College & Research Libraries, vol. 74, no. 5, Sept. 2013, pp. 501–518.
- Kenner, Cari, and Jason Weinerman. “Adult Learning Theory: Applications to Non-Traditional College Students.” Journal of College Reading and Learning, vol. 41, no. 2, Jan. 2011, pp. 87–96.
- Yarbrough, Jillian Ruth. 2018. “Adapting Adult Learning Theory to Support Innovative, Advanced, Online Learning -- WVMD Model.” Research in Higher Education Journal 35 (October).
- BHOWMIK, Jahar, et al. “Using Blended Learning in Postgraduate Applied Statistics Programs.” Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education (TOJDE), vol. 20, no. 2, Apr. 2019, pp. 64–77. EBSCOhost
- Cundell, Alicia, and Emily Sheepy. 2018. “Student Perceptions of the Most Effective and Engaging Online Learning Activities in a Blended Graduate Seminar.” Online Learning 22 (3): 87–102.
- Harahap, Fauziyah, et al. “The Effect of Blended Learning on Student’s Learning Achievement and Science Process Skills in Plant Tissue Culture Course.” International Journal of Instruction, vol. 12, no. 1, Jan. 2019, pp. 521–538.
- Athens, Wendy. 2018. “Perceptions of the Persistent: Engagement and Learning Community in Underrepresented Populations.” Online Learning 22 (2): 27–57.
- Engle, Jennifer, et al. “Top Gainers: Some Public Four-Year Colleges and Universities Make Big Improvements in Minority Graduation Rates. College Results Online.” Education Trust, Education Trust, 1 Jan. 2010.
- Gavassa, Sat, et al. “Closing the Achievement Gap in a Large Introductory Course by Balancing Reduced In-Person Contact with Increased Course Structure.” CBE - Life Sciences Education, vol. 18, no. 1, Mar. 2019.
- Kaupp, Ray. “Online Penalty: The Impact of Online Instruction on the Latino-White Achievement Gap.” Journal of Applied Research in the Community College, vol. 19, no. 2, Jan. 2012, pp. 8–16.
- Wladis, Claire, et al. “The Representation of Minority, Female, and Non-Traditional Stem Majors in the Online Environment at Community Colleges: A Nationally Representative Study.” Community College Review, vol. 43, no. 1, Jan. 2015, pp. 89–114.
Effectiveness of Asynchronous Online Learning
- Chauhan, Vijendra, et al. “Asynchronous versus Traditional Teaching for MBBS Undergraduate Students-Effectiveness and Students Perspectives - A Pilot Study.” International Journal of Applied & Basic Medical Research, vol. 9, no. 2, Apr. 2019, pp. 69–72.
- Chohan, Bushra Iqbal. “Students’ Perceptions Regarding Teaching Effectiveness in Online Learning and Traditional Face to Face Learning Environment.” FWU Journal of Social Sciences, vol. 8, no. 1, Summer 2014, pp. 50–56.
- Manning-Ouellette, Amber, and Katie M. Black. “Learning Leadership: A Qualitative Study on the Differences of Student Learning in Online versus Traditional Courses in a Leadership Studies Program.” Journal of Leadership Education, vol. 16, no. 2, Apr. 2017, pp. 59–79.
- Means, Barbara, et al. “The Effectiveness of Online and Blended Learning: A Meta-Analysis of the Empirical Literature.” Teachers College Record, vol. 115, no. 3, Jan. 2013.
- Nguyen, Tuan. “The Effectiveness of Online Learning: Beyond No Significant Difference and Future Horizons.” Journal of Online Learning & Teaching, vol. 11, no. 2, June 2015, pp. 309–319.