Sustainable Marquette Employee Resource Group
Join us in the Sustainable Marquette ERG to get involved in community and campus sustainability efforts at whatever level you feel comfortable and to grow your own knowledge and skills relating to sustainability. Here are some ways you can be involved in campus and community sustainability in the coming year:
- Learn and grow: Attend talks focused on sustainability-related campus initiatives and academic research under way at Marquette. The group’s newsletter, Teams site, and mailing list will also keep you posted about upcoming trainings and webinars.
- Get involved: Take part in a service day with a local environmental organization, such as Milwaukee Riverkeeper, Milwaukee County Parks, and Keeping Greater Milwaukee Beautiful.
- Recognition and reward: Shape a new campus award that commends exemplary commitment to sustainability by a staff or faculty member. The award will be presented through the Office of Sustainability/Facilities Planning and Management.
- Fostering future change: Share your insights during development of Marquette’s campus sustainability plan 2.0, slated for 2022-23. The group is also working with new employee orientations to raise awareness of the ERG and increase engagement.
Sustainable Marquette Newsletters
- Follow Sustainable Marquette ERG on Teams and join our mailing list to receive updates and information about upcoming events and important news.
Sustainability & Energy Management Coordinator
email@example.com | 414-288-4542
- Who I look up to for inspiration: Youth Climate Activists
- Favorite Book: Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey
- Best part of being in an ERG: As a chair, I love the community the ERG Chair leadership team provides outside of my field of work.
Associate Librarian; Coordinator of Marketing & Outreach, Raynor Memorial Libraries
firstname.lastname@example.org | 414-288-7068
- Who I look up to for inspiration: Climate journalists and engaged scholars who inform and hold power accountable
- Favorite book Ibis Trilogy by Amitav Ghosh
- Best part of being in an ERG: We're stronger (and have more fun) together.
Sustainable Marquette ERG Committees
- Sustainability in Action Committee
- Service and Events Committee
University Leadership Council Liaison
- Lora Strigens, Vice President for Planning and Facilities Management