This page is designed to provide resources for members of the LGBTQ+ community as well as their allies on campus and beyond. Here, you will find information, organizations, and services tailored to a variety of identities and experiences. We hope that this page helps members of the LGBTQ+ community find the help they need, and encourage the development of safe, supportive spaces across the Marquette community.
Expand all | Collapse all
- Tea in the RC | once a month in AMU 140 | dates posted on instagram
- TLC | Transgeder Law Center is the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people.
- NCTE | National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance.
- Family Support | for families of transgender & gender diverse children
- Trans Lifeline
- THRIVE Lifeline
Romantic and Sexual Identities
- AVEN | The Asexual Visibility and Education Network provides a broad overview of asexuality, multiple FAQs, and perspectives from asexual people.
- The NW Network | The Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian, and Gay Survivors of Abuse works to end violence and abuse by building loving and equitable relationships in our community and acorss the country,
- Bisexual Resource Center
Staff & Faculty Resources
- Top Things to Unlearn about LGBTQ+ People.
- The LGBTQ Employee Resource Group works to build a supportive and affirming atmosphere for LGBTQ staff and faculty at Marquette University. The primary objectives of ERGs are to promote a sense of community, build personal and professional networks, enhance employee support and retention, and assist in attracting new employees to Marquette to foster a diverse and inclusive community. The LGBTQ ERG organizes social and educational events for Marquette faculty and staff who identify as LGTBQ or as allies.
- The Faber Center for Ignatian Spirituality provides Marquette's faculty and staff with support and guidance in leading a reflective life. Through retreats, reflection groups, a spiritual library and spirtual direction.
- PFLAG Guide to Being a Straight Ally
- Practice With Pronouns
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resources
- The Healing Center can be reached at (414) 671-4325, and offers support groups, individual counseling and advocacy services, which are free and confidential.
- The Milwaukee LGBT Community Center has been a home to the LGBT population of metro Milwaukee, providing culturally sensitive and competent educational, social, and health and wellness services that meet the needs of LGBT youth, adults and their allies. The center can be reached at (414) 271-2656.
- The Sexual Assault Treatment Center can be reached at (414) 219-5555, 24-hours-a-day, and provides medical assessment and treatment, emotional support and counseling, medical and legal evidence collection and screening for pregnancy and STDs.
- Sojourner Family Peace Center provides a 24-hour domestic violence hotline and emergency legal assistance. The center can be reached at (414) 276-1911 and all services are confidential.
- OUT for Work is dedicated to educating, preparing, and empowering LGBT college students for the transition from academia to the workplace. OUT for Work's programs, resources, and services provide assistance to students in the cultivation and enhancement of skills to explore career options. OUT for Work also administers a Career Center Certification Program designed to assess the quality, quantity, and availability of career resource materials for LGBT students. The Marquette University Career Services Center is ranked at the Silver Level which allow students at Marquette access to the OUT for Work Career Center Library.
- EDUMED is an Online Guide to Creating LGBTQIA+ Friendly Communities in Healthcare & Education.
- Diverse & Resilient
- Outwords Books
- Froedtert Inclusion Clinic
- PFLAG Milwaukee Chapter
- Dignity USA Milwaukee Chapter
National Advocacy Organizations