Marquette’s creative writing minor will allow you to hone your fiction, poetry, literary nonfiction, and multimodal storytelling skills in community with other creative practitioners. It will augment any area of study, from history to health sciences, as it deepens your capacity for observation, empathy, and imaginative problem-solving.
- Requires 18 credit hours:
- Critical Practices and Processes in Literary Studies: ENGL 3000
- Introduction to Creative Writing: ENGL 3240
- 2 literature or language electives: ENGL 2xxx, 3xxx, or ENGL 4xxx.
- 2 creative writing electives:
- ENGL 4250 Creative Writing: Fiction
- ENGL 4260 Creative Writing: Poetry
- ENGL 4954 Seminar in Creative Writing
- One of the above 2 creative writing electives may be fulfilled by:
- DGMD 4345 Advanced Scriptwriting
- JOUR 4160 Writing Literary Journalism
- JOUR 4200 Publications Editing
- JOUR 4360 Freelance Writing
- JOUR 4510 Magazine Design and Production
- JOUR 4600 Journalism History
For more information or to declare your minor, contact Dr. Steve Hartman Keiser, Director of Undergraduate Studies, or access Marquette's Undergraduate Bulletin.