Ready to Transfer? Begin Your Application
Transfer students (defined as any student having taken college course work after graduating from high school*) apply for direct admission into one of Marquette’s undergraduate colleges. Review the majors and minors offered before submitting.
- From the time we receive your required academic credentials, the review process takes about three weeks. For data regarding our transfer students, browse our handout here!
- During the review, an official credit evaluation of your completed college courses is conducted and applicants are considered for the Pere Marquette Award. An official evaluation of your credits, academic advising contact, and scholarship award is mailed along with the admission letter.
This is not an application for international students. International students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents should visit the Office of International Education for a full listing of specific international student application requirements and online application instructions.
* Special consideration as a first-year student will be given to students graduating high school in spring (1 semester ahead of their peer co-hort) as long as they take no more than 11 credit hours at a 2-year college during that spring semester and no summer courses.
Apply for Admission
Choose to complete and submit either the Marquette application or the Common App.
- For Spring entry term: December 1 (notification will begin in September)
- Students applying for Nursing: notification will begin in December. Please submit the transfer application by December 1.
- For Fall entry term: July 1 (notification will begin in January)
- Students applying for Nursing: notification will begin in May. Please submit the transfer application by May 1.
What you'll need to complete your application:
- Official college transcripts from each institution you've attended
- Final high school transcript(s)
- For students with fewer than 30 college credits completed, this is required for admission review.
Other items you might submit:
- Personal statement and extracurricular activities list (submitted in application or separately)
- AP, IB and other course credit transfers (click here for additional information)
- Letters of recommendation