Master's in Healthcare Technologies Management
Heathcare Technologies Management is currently not admitting students
Our graduate program is the first in the United States to combine management, business, medical technology and healthcare. Study the design, development, commercialization and regulatory compliance of diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices, and the implementation use and assessment of hospital-based health care technologies.
This program is offered as a joint degree program by Marquette and the Medical College of Wisconsin and is unlike an MBA, graduate engineering or engineering management program.
Part-time, Online Options
*12 months applies to full-time student and includes summer. Part-time students may complete the program in 3-3.5 years and includes summer.
Expand all | Collapse all
- Our targeted curriculum will prepare you specifically for management positions in the medical device industry, clinical environments and healthcare consulting firms.
- Apply business knowledge to the management of healthcare technology
- Describe the economic, legal, ethical, and regulatory aspects of healthcare delivery and medical device development.
- Acquire knowledge and develop skills to manage personnel in both a clinical and an industry setting.
Healthcare institutions, medical device companies, and healthcare consulting firms have a growing need for skilled professionals with technical and managerial skills, and an understanding of healthcare delivery and regulatory environments.
Graduates of the program will have the education, skills and credentials needed to pursue career opportunities in a variety of settings, including:
- Healthcare institutions such as hospitals, clinics, health maintenance organizations and managed care agencies
- Companies that develop, produce and market medical devices
- Integrated service companies that install, manage and service medical equipment
- Public health and government agencies
- International organizations dedicated to improving healthcare in third-world and developing countries
The program meets the needs of recent undergraduates seeking an advanced degree as well as employed engineers interested in opportunities to prepare for career advancement.