Community Education Programs
Our public events include a variety of tours, performances, gallery talks, lectures, artist talks, and workshops. Events are always free and open to the public.
Local universities and other institutions of higher education
The Haggerty works closely with the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and other institutions of higher education by providing classes, tours and internships, as well as sharing guest artists.
- If you are a faculty member from a peer institution and are interested in collaborating with the Haggerty, please email our Curator for Academic Engagement, Lynne Shumow.
- If you are a MIAD student interested in learning at the Haggerty, please email a resume and cover letter that identifies the department you are interested in and your internship goals to Lynne Shumow.
- If you are a UWM student interesting in interning at the Haggerty, please submit an application.
Adult and community groups
As part of our commitment to enrich the lives of our communities, guided and self-guided tours for youth and adult community groups are available.
Guided tours include multiple artwork stops, during which groups will have the choice of four three styles: general exhibition exploration (discussion based), an exhibition deep dive (lecture based), or a fun experience in the exhibition (discussion and activity based). Tours are approximately 50 minutes long. Guided tours can be scheduled for a maximum group size of sixty-five people Tuesday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. must be scheduled at least four weeks in advance.
Guided tours for youth groups 6 to 9 years old require one chaperone for every five youth. Guided tours for youth groups 10 to 17 years old require one chaperone for every 10 youth.
- Cost per general guided tour: $100 flat fee for a maximum group size of sixty-five people.
- Cost per custom themed guided tour: $150 flat fee for a maximum group size of sixty-five people.
To book, you must request a guided tour online. Request a scholarship for your group here.
Self-guided museum visits
Self-guided museum visits—where groups explore the galleries on their own—are also available. The museum offers a menu of experiences and resources that will help your group make the most of their visit. Self-guided museum visits can be scheduled for groups of up to sixty-five participants and must be scheduled at least four weeks in advance. Self-guided tours are Free! The Museum has a suggested admission of $5 with a variety of free categories, learn more here.
Self-guided museum visits for youth groups 6 to 9 years old require one chaperone for every four youth. Self-guided tours for youth groups 10 to 17 years old require one chaperone for every 7 youth.
To book, you must request a self-guided museum visit online.
Alumni and parents
Whether you are dropping your child off at the start of the semester, returning to campus for homecoming, or the parent of a future Golden Eagle, we encourage you to visit the museum.
Questions? Please email Christine Fleming, our Manager of Community Engagement.