Services for Alumni
Alumni Card holders are extended borrowing privileges, but must come in with their Alumni Card, and have a library record created (takes about 5 minutes). Alumni Cards are given to all graduates of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Replacement cards and questions about Alumni status can be made by contacting or visiting in-person:
Marquette University - Alumni Engagement and Outreach
4th floor Zilber Hall
1250 W. Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53233
288- 7441 or 800-344-7544
Alumni ID Card
A valid Marquette Alumni Card must be presented to check out library material. Each borrower is responsible for all material borrowed on his/her Alumni Card. Privileges are NOT transferrable and the Alumni Card holder must be present for books to be checked out. Report lost or stolen IDs immediately to the Library Services Desk. You must maintain a current address and phone number with the Raynor library.
Books are loaned for four weeks (28 days). The due date is stamped in the material at the time of check out. Only 10 items may be checked out on a Alumni Card. Items may be recalled from Alumni Card holders, but not for them.
Special collections may have shorter loan periods:
- AVM collection (DVD/Video) - 5 day loan-no renewal
- Browsing collection - 3 week loan-no renewal
- Ciszek collection - 3 week loan -no renewal
- Manresa collection- 3 week loan -no renewal
- Children’s collection - 3 week loan
- Reference collection - 1 week loan unless noted as Library Use Only
Books may be renewed for an additional four weeks starting seven days before the due date. One renewal is permitted. Alumni Card renewals can be made in-person at the Library Services Desk or by phone at (414) 288-7555.
- An overdue notice is sent as a courtesy on the first day after the due date. Borrowing privileges are suspended at this point until the material is returned or renewed.
- A 2nd notice is sent 10 days after the due date detailing the charges that will be incurred if the material is not returned or renewed within ten days.
- Material not returned or renewed within 3 weeks of the due date is considered lost. A bill for the replacement cost of the material plus a $15.00 billing fee is issued. The replacement cost of the book will be credited if the material is returned within four months of the due date. Bills and credits for lost library material are processed at the Raynor Library Services Desk.
- All overdue notices are sent as a courtesy and non-receipt of notices does not exempt the borrower from overdue penalties.
Periodicals & Databases
Periodicals do not circulate to Alumni Card holders.
Most databases are not accessible; however, here is one exception: MARQCATopen from EBSCO, a portal drawing from a number of open access collections.