Frequently Asked Questions

Not seeing your question answered here? Contact the MU Medical Clinic at (414) 288-7184 or send us an email an we will get back to you shortly.


Expand all   |   Collapse all  

Do I need an appointment?

Yes, the Marquette University Medical Clinic operates on an all appointment system. Same day appointments are available for acute and urgent care.

How much does it cost to receive care?

Full-time Marquette undergraduate students are assessed a per-semester student health fee ($170.00 per semester) as part of their tuition and fees. The health fee provides student with free core services, laboratory studies and reduced prices on non-core services. Students not paying the per-semester student health fee may access the clinic on a fee-for-service basis. Graduate, professional and part-time undergraduate students may also pay the per-semester health fee anytime during the semester to access these free core services and the reduced pricing on non-core services.

Can I bill my insurance?

The Marquette University Medical Clinic is unable to bill your insurance. However, you may request reimbursement from your insurance company by submitting an itemized receipt that we will generate for you.

Can I utilize the Marquette University Medical Clinic even though I don't have health insurance?

The Marquette University Medical Clinic will take care of you regardless of your insurance status. Refer to our fees page for more information.

Are my records confidential?

Your medical care at the medical clinic is confidential. Health care records are kept separately from academic records. We do not release information outside of the Marquette University Medical Clinic without your written permission.

Are there any required immunizations?

All new and readmitted students are required to complete the Immunization & Tuberculosis Screening Forms. To access these forms:

  1. Log into the patient portal:

  2. Enter your Checkmarq username and password.

  3. Please complete the Immunization section and upload a copy of your vaccine records for verification

  4. Complete the TB questionnaire located under the Forms section

Failure to submit the required documentation within 30 days of the start of your first semester/term at Marquette will result in a medical hold, preventing future class registration. This hold will be removed once the immunization and TB screening requirements have been met. For more details on the requirements...

Please contact us with any questions.

Does Marquette require incoming students to have a physical?

Marquette does not require new students to have a physical exam, although it is encouraged.

Does the Marquette University Medical Clinic provide x-ray services?

X-rays for some extremities are available on-site at the Marquette University Medical Clinic. Payment for those x-rays done in the Medical Clinic are due at time of service.

Additional radiology services can be arranged as needed and our providers will work with you to find accessible facilities that are compatible with your health insurance plan. Radiology services at an outside facility will be billed directly to your personal health insurance.

Does the Marquette University Medical Clinic provide pharmacy services?

We have a small pharmacy. Prescription medications are available at prices comparable to local competitors. Please note: We are unable to fill prescriptions written by outside providers.

Does the Marquette University Medical Clinic provide laboratory services?

The laboratory at the Marquette University Medical Clinic performs many diagnostic tests on-site for a nominal fee. We will also work with your primary physician for other lab work requested.

Does the Marquette University Medical Clinic provide dental services?

We do not provide on-site dental services at the Marquette University Medical Clinic. However, our medical providers are happy to provide referrals to appropriate facilities in the community.

In addition, Marquette University's School of Dentistry houses both a Dental Clinic and a Faculty Practice that are open to the public.

Can I have allergy injections done at the Marquette University Medical Clinic?

The Marquette University Medical Clinic does not offer allergy injection services. Allergy Clinic/Allergists referral list.

Can I get my ADHD medications prescribed at the Marquette University Medical Clinic?

Marquette University Medical Clinic does not prescribe medication for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). If you have been diagnosed and need a continued prescription for ADHD medication, we recommend that you continue your prescription with your home provider, or we can help you find a ADD/ADHD specialist  outside of Marquette.

If you have not been diagnosed but suspect that you have ADHD, you can schedule a screening at Marquette University Center for Psychological Services at (414) 288-3487 or you may contact the Marquette University Counseling Center for a community referral by calling (414) 288-7172.

Can I get my birth control at the Marquette University Medical Clinic?

In keeping with the Catholic tradition regarding birth control, The Marquette University Medical Clinic does not dispense condoms nor prescribe contraceptive medication. However, recognizing that oral contraceptives are prescribed for particular medical conditions, it is advisable that these matters be discussed individually with a provider at the medical clinic.

Sexual & Reproductive Health Statement

The Marquette University Medical Clinic providers are very sensitive to the issues of students surrounding sexual and reproductive health. Students are encouraged to discuss their needs, questions, and concerns within the context of an appointment. All conversations are held in the strictest of confidence. Bound by medical ethics, within the context of college health and Catholic tradition regarding human sexuality and birth control, students receive sound medical advice regarding sexual and reproductive health in order to make their own informed decisions regarding healthy relationships. Students interested in extended conversations or clarifications on sexuality and Catholic teaching are encouraged to contact Campus Ministry staff.