What is the Immunization Policy?
All newly admitted and readmitted students are required to complete the Immunization History and Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire on the MU patient portal. Failure to comply with the requirements within 30 days of the start of your first semester/term will result in a medical hold preventing future class registration.
What immunizations are required?
- 2 doses of the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine. Both doses must be on or after 1st birthday and at least 28 days apart, or positive titer results.
- 2 doses of the Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine. Both doses must be on or after 1st birthday and at least 28 days apart, or history of the disease, or positive titer results.
- Adult Tdap (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis) vaccine - must be after age 10. If that Tdap vaccine date is more than 10 years old you will also need an updated Td (tetanus, diphtheria) booster.
What immunizations are recommended?
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine series
- Hepatitis A vaccine: 2 doses
- Hepatitis B vaccine: 3 doses
- Meningococcal vaccine: 2 doses
- Influenza vaccine - annual
- COVID vaccine - up to date
What is the Tuberculosis (TB) requirement?
You must complete the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire (located under the Forms section)
If you answer "YES" to any questions on the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form, a PPD skin test or
QuantiFeron Tb Gold (QFT-G) blood test is required. If either of these are positive, a Chest X-ray is also required. Testing must be completed within 6 months of semester start date prior and all results must be recorded and uploaded to the portal.
What do I need for verification?
Please use the "Document upload" tab on the portal to upload a current copy of your immunization history. Your forms will not be verified if we do not have a copy of your vaccine records. If titers were done, lab results must be uploaded. If PPD skin testing or QuantiFeron Gold blood test are indicated results must be recorded and uploaded on the patient portal. All Immunization documentation history must be obtained from your healthcare provider's office or state Health Department. If you have any trouble uploading your documents on the patient portal you can email them to email@example.com.
How do I know if I am missing anything?
After you have submitted your required information, it will be reviewed by our office. Please give the MU Medical Clinic 3-5 business days for review. If there is any missing or additional information needed you will receive an email to your Marquette email account asking you log in to the patient portal to review a secure message that has been sent to you. This will explain what needs to be done in order to complete your health information.
If you have any additional questions about the immunization requirements or any trouble with the Medical Clinic patient portal please contact us.