- Create a meeting from a Teams channel
- Schedule recurring Teams channel meetings
- Schedule Q&A for a Teams non-channel meeting
- Schedule Teams webinar meetings
- Ensuring confidential Teams meetings
- Create a meeting from Outlook Calendar
- Find and send Join Teams Meeting link
- Students: Create a Teams meeting from D2L
- Instructors: Create a Teams meeting from D2L
Create a meeting from a Teams channel
You'll need a Microsoft Teams site to proceed with creating a meeting from a Teams channel. This method for creating a Teams meeting is ideal for recorded meetings, as the video recording will appear linked in the Teams channel after the video is processed.
What is a Teams channel?
On Microsoft Teams, a channel is a section of a Team, used to collaborate on a specific topic. Below is the Mascot MUsings Team, with three channels:
- General channel — note that every Team has a General channel by default.
- Fan Engagement Theory channel.
- Mascot Care and Feeding channel.
Create a Teams channel meeting
- In Microsoft Teams, navigate to the Teams channel for your meeting.
- Select the Meet drop-down menu in the top-right corner.
- Select Schedule a meeting.
- The New Meeting screen appears.
- Give the meeting a title.
- If you want, add members to the "required attendees" field.
- Adjust the meeting dates, start time and end time.
- If you want to create a recurring meeting — a series of meeting which repeats on a regular basis — see instructions for how to schedule recurring Teams channel meetings in Teams Calendar.
- Note that when you schedule a channel meeting from the channel, Microsoft Teams automatically sets the Teams channel where the meeting resides.
- Add any meeting details in the large text box (optional).
- Click or tap the Send button in the upper right corner. The channel meeting is created.
- After the meeting is created, the meeting will appear in a Teams channel conversation.
- To notify Teams site participants of this new meeting with a conversation post, click or tap Reply.
- The reply text box appears. Type @team.
- You'll be prompted with the Team's name as a suggestion. Select the Team name.
- Your reply includes a mention of the Team by name, which will notify all Team members.
- After the Team mention in the text box, write a brief note about the meeting. Click or tap the paper airplane icon to send.
Please contact the IT Services TechSquad for questions about Microsoft Teams.