- NEW: Teams meeting recordings and expiration
- About Teams meeting video recordings
- Accessing video recordings for Teams channel meetings
- Accessing video recordings for Teams meetings that do not use a Teams channel
- Additional changes to Teams meeting recordings
- Sharing Teams meeting video recordings with persons outside of Marquette University
Teams Meeting Recordings and Expiration
Not all Teams meeting recordings must be kept. So Teams meeting videos — stored on Teams sites or OneDrive for Business — are set to automatically expire. After a video expires, Microsoft may delete it permanently. If the videos you own need to be retained, you can change their expiration settings.
When are Teams meeting videos set to expire?
- Teams meeting videos recorded before Aug. 16, 2021 were saved to Microsoft Stream Classic and do not have expiration dates at this time. However, Microsoft may change this.
- Teams meeting videos recorded from Aug. 16, 2021 to Jan. 25, 2022 are set to expire six months after the videos are created.
- Teams meeting videos recorded from Jan. 26, 2022 and beyond are set to expire one year after the videos are created.
Where do I go to change Teams meeting video expirations?
A) If you created the meeting in a Teams channel...
Then the meeting recording lives on the Teams site. Often class sessions are recorded this way. Video owners have two ways to find the meeting recording and change its expiration.
B) If the meeting was scheduled in Outlook or Teams Calendar without using a Teams channel...
Then the meeting recording resides on OneDrive for Business. The person who selected the "start recording" option in the meeting is the owner. There are two ways to find the meeting recording and change its expiration.
(Note: Some faculty and staff do not have Teams chat and should use the next option.)
My video has expired. How can I change this?
When videos expire, Microsoft notifies video owners via email. For a limited time, you can use this email to restore an expired video from the Recycle bin before it's permanently deleted.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.