The EagleEye app hosts many safety resources, and anyone — including parents and neighbors — can download it via the App Store or Google Play. Location services must be enabled and push notifications allowed for full functionality. In addition to housing maps, emergency procedures and providing support resources, the app offers important real-time services:
- Safety alert push notifications: These are the same notifications received via text. You must have your push notification settings on for the app to receive these.
- Transportation locator for LIMO Express: When the “Campus Safety” setting is on, this map shows all active Limo Express vehicles and the directions in which they’re traveling, making it easier for riders to anticipate when a shuttle will arrive at a particular route destination.
- The white LIMO Express vans drive a set route throughout campus and handle more of our off-campus transports. Blue LIMOs are not restricted to a set route and are the ones responding to requests called into dispatch at (414) 288-6363.
- Remember that LIMO Express routes are active from 4 p.m. until 3 a.m. every day and will only appear on the map during operating hours.
- At present, the map does not include information for dispatched LIMOs.
- Mobile BlueLight: By tapping a button, MUPD will be dispatched to your device’s location to immediately respond.
- Friend Walk: This allows you to send your location to a friend so the friend can ensure you get to your destination safely or call emergency services if they are concerned. When you finish your trip, disconnect, and it will stop tracking.
Note that MUPD does not track devices with the EagleEye app installed. Device location information is only shared with MUPD when a Mobile BlueLight communication is activated, and, even then, MUPD does not have a name associated with the device.