Laura Rooney, Ph.D.Marquette University
Cramer Hall, 215GMilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) email@example.com
Clinical Associate Professor and Practicum Coordinator
Laura Rooney is a behaviorist specializing in the effective use of exercise and other daily habits to aid healing, feel fit and increase health span. Building on her training in exercise physiology, health and human behavior and longevity, she is a scholar-practitioner whose teaching, research and practice applications include whole-person mind-body healing and health and individual and group-based exercise and health coaching intervention strategies. Laura stays strongly connected to her roots and talents as a teacher and practitioner as a mentor to emerging and mid-career movement professionals, speaker and continuing education provider, and owner of a small, private medical exercise and habit coaching practice in Milwaukee, WI.
- Ph.D., Public Health – Health Promotion, Education & Behavior. University of South Carolina, Arnold School of Public Health, Columbia, SC, 2012.
- Dissertation: “Examination of Individual, Formal Meditation Practices among Participants of a Mindfulness-based Intervention”
- M.S, Exercise & Wellness, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, 2008.
- Thesis: “Associations of Psychological State Mindfulness and Physical Activity and Eating Behaviors in College Freshmen”
- M.Acc., Accounting – Taxation, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 2000
- B.B.A., Accounting, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 1999
- EXPH 2001: Professional Practice
- EXPH 2015: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Exercise Physiology
- EXPH 3986: Exercise Physiology Practicum 1
- EXPH 4986: Exercise Physiology Practicum 2
- American College of Sports Medicine, Member
- ACSM – Exercise is Medicine-Level 2 Professional
- American Council on Exercise, Subject Matter Expert
- American Council on Exercise – Medical Exercise Specialist, Health Coach, Certified Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor