Welcome to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is Marquette University's central point of coordination for sponsored projects and the legally authorized representative for grants, contracts and assurances. ORSP represents the sum of Marquette's experience with extramural sponsors and partners over time, through the entire Project Lifecycle.
- An award's Project Lifecycle primarily consists of three phases:
- Preaward - Project Idea, Funding, Development, Submission
- Award - Setting Up
- Postaward - Managing, Closeout
ORSP helps faculty and staff build bridges between Marquette and extramural sponsors and other institutions to advance the university's mission, and it fosters excellence in sponsored projects by promoting best practices, policies and procedures that ensure consistency and efficiency in our transactions with sponsors and partners.
- ORSP's Internal Submission Deadline is to have a near-final draft of the narrative and the FINAL budget submitted to our office no less than three (3) business days prior to sponsor deadline.
Our new Spring 2024 Training and Events Calendar is posted! Be sure to check out some of our upcoming sessions this semester. See the full list in the Training and Events section below.
Our current semester schedule of events and trainings is posted on our Training and Events webpage. Be sure to check it out and register for those upcoming events you’re interested in or view those that have passed.
This semester includes such offerings as:
- - One Thing Led to Another
- - Finding Funding
- - What's New in Research
- - Data Management and Sharing Plans
- - Fulbright Scholar Program
COVID-19 Funding Opportunities