Anthropology Senior Award
About the Award
The Department of Social and Cultural Sciences offers the Anthropology Outstanding Student Award in recognition of one graduating senior in the anthropology major who has demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and service, and engagement and dedication to the field of anthropology and its broad applications to the world and commitment to human diversity. The recipient of the Outstanding Student Award is honored at the Annual Arts and Sciences Commencement.
This award is competitive and is bestowed upon the one graduating senior who:
- has maintained at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.5 GPA in their major classes
- demonstrates leadership qualities
- contributes significant time and effort to service of the University and community,
- possesses a commitment to and appreciation for diversity broadly conceived.
In years where an outstanding candidate cannot be identified, the selection committee reserves the right not to grant the award that particular year. In judging the nominees, the Committee will take into consideration the following factors:
- Academic record
- Service to university and community
- Personal statement
Application Deadline and Additional Information
The application deadline for the award is the first Thursday in March of each year.
||Caroline Bielski and John Zeman
||Corinne Conway and Noel Hincha