Join Sorority and Fraternity Life
Interfraternity Council (IFC) Recruitment
Sign up for Fall IFC Recruitment Today!
Formal Fraternity Recruitment Week happens in both the Fall and Spring semester for eligible participants. The exact dates of when recruitment and sign-up open will be announced at the start of each semester. Recruitment is typically held within a month of the start of a semester.
Sign-up using the link on this webpage and follow @Marquetteifc on Instagram for more information! Updates will also be posted here as details are announced.
Please contact Tim O'Regan if you have questions.
College Panhellenic (CPH) Recruitment
Formal Sorority Recruitment happens in January of each year. 2024 formal recruitment will take place on January 22nd - January 28th. Sign-ups close January 21st 2024.
Sign up for 2024 Formal Recruitment here. Please contact Celia Huber you have questions.
For more information on Formal Recruitment and Marquette Panhellenic can be found here.
Follow @MarquettePanhellenic on Instagram for updates.
National Pan-Hellenic (NPHC)/Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) Intake
NPHC and MGC groups run their own internal structure for intake. There is no centralized process for how and when this process takes place. The best way to get involved with one of our Culturally-Based Fraternities/Sororities would be to contact that chapter directly. Contact info can be found here.
Follow National Pan-Hellenic Council on Instagram @marquettenphc for updates and the latest information!
Follow Multiculturual Greek Council on Istagram @mgc_marquette for updates and latest information!
Top Reasons to Get Involved with Sorority and Fraternity Life at Marquette
- Greeks get higher average grades: Marquette’s All-Greek GPA (3.16) is higher than the all-university average (3.06).
- Greeks help the community: Marquette Sorority and Fraternity Life contributed almost 6,000 hours of volunteer service to the community during the 2014 spring semester alone.
- Greeks give back: Through fundraisers and other philanthropies, Marquette sororities and fraternities donated $95,711 toward various charities this past year.
- Greeks are leaders: 73 percent of Sorority and Fraternity Life members at Marquette reported involvement in other campus organizations, and 23 percent serve in campus leadership roles. Nationally, 85 percent of Fortune 500 executives are Greek-affiliated.
Check out all of our chapters on campus here!
Marquette is a deferred recruitment campus. This means that students are not eligible their first semester on campus. In order to be eligible, students need:
- 12 credit hours from an institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 2.5 cumulatively on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- In good standing with our student conduct office. This means students may not be on probation or have any pending conduct decisions that could lead to probation.
Please fill out the SFL Grade and Conduct Release form if interested in joining a sorority/fraternity.