At this time, the only lender offering federal consolidation loans is the U.S. Department of Education's William D. Ford Direct Loan Program.

Direct Loans are now routinely outsourced for servicing. Although you will consolidate under the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program, your loan servicing company will have a different name. You will be able to choose your servicer during the consolidation process.

Note that FFEL loans, though federal in nature, are not owned by the Department of Education and are serviced by the lender. Perkins Loans are owned by the lending school and may be serviced by the school or by outside companies under contract.

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS: Borrowers should be aware when consolidating that the borrower may also forfeit eligibility for certain deferment and cancellation provisions. A careful review of deferments and cancellations and the borrower's future status should be made before entering into a consolidation agreement.

How do I find my student loans?

Current students and former students that still have access to CheckMarq can look up loans by logging into CheckMarq, clicking on Student Center, and clicking on "View My Loan Debt". Students that no longer have access to CheckMarq can look up eligible federal loans via the National Student Loan Database System. Keep in mind that Health and Human Services loans (nursing loans, health professions loans and loans to disadvantaged students) will not reflect on NSLDS. The U.S. Department of Education also has a loan trace number (800) 433-3243.

Once you have located your loans on NSLDS or by obtaining your free credit report, contact your Federal Direct Loan servicer. Common servicers include:

  • CornerStone
  • Debt Management and Collections System
  • HESC/Edfinancial (formerly ESA/Edfinancial)
  • FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA)
  • Great Lakes Higher Education
  • Granite State–GSM&R
  • Navient
  • Nelnet
  • OSLA Servicing

  • Which loans are eligible for consolidation?

    Why should I consolidate my loans?

    How do I consolidate my loans?

    Student on campus

    Quick links

    UAS Payment Address

    University Accounting Service, LLC
    P.O. Box 5879
    Carol Stream IL 60197

    Phone payments: (844) 870-8701