Teaching Assistant Opportunities in Biological Sciences
In the biology Department, undergraduate students have the opportunity to become paid teaching assistants. Successful completion of the course you wish to teach is required. Teaching Assistant responsibilities vary with the class type (lecture or laboratory) and instructor. TAs for lecture courses (Biol 1001, 1002, 3201, 3301) must attend all lectures, facilitate 2-3 discussion sections, hold office hours and assist in grading and proctoring of exams and assignments as determined by the instructor. TAs in laboratory courses attend a weekly lecture, facilitate one lab section, correct assignments and exams, hold office hours and attend a weekly training meeting. TAs are paid for every hour associated with the course.
Courses for which TAs are employed
- Biology 1001 ( General Biology 1, lecture course)
- Biology 2001 ( Principles of Biological Investigations, laboratory class)
- Biology 3301 ( Cell Biology)
- Biology 1002 ( General Biology 2, lecture course)
- Biology 2001 ( Principles of Biological Investigations, laboratory course)
- Biology 3201 ( Genetics, lecture course)
Please fill out an application form.
Please send the filled form to Stacia.peiffer via email or in person.
Working at Marquette
Questions about working at Marquette? Check the Hiring Process or visit them on the first floor of Zilber Hall.