Bridge to Business for Engineers
98% of participants agreed with both: "I will be able to apply program concepts or tools" and " I would recommend this program to colleagues"
Sponsored by Zurn Elkay Water Solutions
president and CEO, zurn Elkay water solutions
“We see great value in an engineering program that provides a solid technical background supplemented with broader business knowledge."
Bridge to Business for Engineers is a six-day non-credit program that gives early career engineers the business fundamentals they need to be successful.
The curriculum focuses on the key touchpoints between engineers and other functions within the organization and was designed in concert with the Opus College of Engineering and corporate partners. Participants will experience a mix of classroom and applied learning opportunities that will provide the knowledge and skills to be effective in their functional role and across the enterprise.
Bridge to Business is made possible through a generous corporate gift from Zurn Elkay Water Solutions.
Spring and Summer 2023 in-person sessions
Fill out our inquiry form and we will contact you with more information!
Spring - May 23-25 & June 6-8, 2023
Register for spring
Summer - August 8-10 & August 22-24, 2023
Register for summer
Organizations sending two participants are eligible to send a third participant for free.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Who should attend
The program is specifically designed for early career engineers from all engineering disciplines.The target audience includes recent engineer graduate as well as those with up to 5 years’ experience working in their field.
- Increase understanding of the various aspects of a business enterprise
- Provide tools to effectively deliver engineering expertise cross-functionally across the organization
- Develop skills for communication, decision making and team leadership
- Lay the foundation for a path to become a high potential leader
ABB, AO Smith, Badger Meter, Direct Supply, HUSCO International, Kohler Company, Johnson Controls, Regal Rexnord, and our sponsor, Zurn Elkay Water Solutions.
Key program modules
- Supply chain management: inventory, logistics management, sourcing & supplier evaluation, managing buyer/supplier relationships
- Accounting: financial statements, key ratios & analysis, costing, performance measurement, budgeting
- Finance: time value of money, project evaluation
- Marketing: marketing channels, sales, pricing, voice of the customer
- Teamwork: leadership, team behavior and communication styles
- Leadership skills: conflict, negotiation, decision-making, working in a multi-generational workforce
- Ethical issues
- Intellectual property and innovation
- Presentation skills
- Classroom instruction delivered by Marquette faculty experts
- Interaction with industry executives
- An integrated curriculum that addresses the synergies between technical and business responsibilities
- An applied approach that provides transfer of learning directly to the workplace