This page describes the Marquette University Graduate School of Management GMAT/GRE Policy for applications to begin graduate degree or certificate programs in spring 2024 and beyond.
For all GSM Programs, applicants that have earned a terminal degree (i.e., PhD, MD, JD, DDS) or have earned a Masters degree in a quantitative field (i.e.Engineering, Finance) are not required to submit a GMAT/GRE score unless specifically requested by a Program Director. Applicants that have completed the LSAT may submit those results as a substitute exam.
The GMAT or GRE is not required for:
- MA in Corporate Communications
- Certificate applications
The GMAT or GRE is required for:
- MBA and MBA Online applicants with an overall quality point average (GPA) between 2.750-2.999. Regardless of undergraduate GPA, a GMAT/GRE test score may be required if the applicant’s educational history does not include at least one college level course in both basic statistics and calculus or if the grade earned in either course is below a B-. Executive MBA (EMBA) applicants, please see criteria below.
- MS Accounting and MS in Accounting Analytics applicants with an overall quality point average (GPA) between 2.750-2.999.
- MS Applied Economics applicants with a GPA below 3.0 are encouraged to reach out to the MSAE program director to discuss readiness and may be required to submit a GMAT / GRE test score.
- Master in Management applicants with an overall quality point average (GPA) between 2.750-2.999.
- MS in Finance applicants with an overall quality point average (GPA) between 2.750-2.999.
- MS in Supply Chain Management applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.000 will need to complete an admissions interview and may be asked to supply a GMAT/GRE score if evidence of quantitative work is not reflected in academic course work or professional work experience
Criteria for Executive MBA Applicants
The GMAT/GRE is not required for EMBA applicants who meet the criteria below.
- EMBA applicants with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution with a Quality Point Average (GPA) of 3.000 or higher and 5 or more years of progressive managerial work experience with some evidence of quantitative ability. (Evidence of quantitative ability would be proof of successful completion of college mathematics coursework or evidence of use of quantitative tools in your employment.)
- You have 10 or more years of progressive managerial work experience with some evidence of quantitative ability.
Applicants who do not meet these eligibility may request to waive the GMAT/GRE requirement by emailing MBA@Marquette.edu. Transcript(s) and a current resume will be required for waiver consideration.
Additional requirements for international applicants:
- All international (non-U.S.) transcripts/academic records be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. You must list in the application all colleges or universities that you have attended, whether you received a degree or transferred the credits from the school. Marquette accepts course-by-course evaluations from the following services:
- If admitted, final official transcript evaluations must be sent to the Marquette University Graduate School directly from the transcript evaluation service used for your course-by-course evaluation.
- Please review this list of AACSB accredited schools. If your undergraduate institution is not on this list, a GMAT / GRE test score is required.