The Immigration Reform Control Act requires that employers verify new employees' eligibility to work in the United States. All new employees are required to complete the federal I-9 form and provide proof of identity and employment authorization. If you have previously completed this form for Marquette you do not need to do it again to work in another Marquette position.

The federal law requires that you show the original document(s) to the employer. You must provide documentation that identifies yourself, such as a picture ID (driver's license with photograph, Marquette ID, state-issued ID card with photograph, etc.) and a document that indicates your work eligibility. The work eligibility document can be an original social security card, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport or appropriate work eligibility documents for foreign students. For a complete listing of acceptable documentation see the back of the I-9 form ,which is available at the Office of Student Financial Aid.

This process cannot be waived. If you do not have the appropriate documents, you must obtain them before you can begin work. Contact Student Employment Services located in the Office of Student Financial Aid for further information.