What is oral and maxillofacial radiology?
Oral and maxillofacial radiology, commonly known as dental and maxillofacial radiology, is a dental specialty concerned with the acquisition and interpretation of diagnostic imaging for the craniofacial, dental, and surrounding structures.
Services we provide
- Panoramic radiography
- Digital intraoral full-mouth radiography
- Cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) acquisition using state-of-the-art Planmeca Viso G7 imaging system
- CBCT reports
Who we serve?
- Adults: Yes
- Children: Yes
Special needs: Yes
- SOREDEX™ DIGORA™ Optime Intraoral X-ray
- KaVo NOMAD™ Pro 2 Handheld X-ray System
- Instrumentarium OP300 3D - Panorex + CBCT
- Planmeca Viso™ G7 CBCT
- XDR Anatomic Intraoral Radiography Sensor
What to expect?
Radiography services may be provided by students under the supervision of licensed Radiographers and Radiologists. Because we are a teaching institution, appointments may take longer.
CBCT reports have a turnaround time of 1-4 business days. The interpretation services will be provided by a licensed Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist.
For CBCT referrals, click the following link to access the referral form for outside referrals and patients of Faculty Practice.
Meet our Radiologist
Dr. Manal Hamdan, D.D.S., M.S., M.F.D.R.C.S.I.
Dr. Hamdan received her Dental training at the University of Jordan and worked as a teaching assistant at the University of Jordan Hospital. After relocating to the United States, she completed her Masters and certificate program in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology from the University of North Carolina - Adams School of Dentistry, before joining Marquette as an Assistant Professor and Director of the Predoctoral Program in Oral Radiology. When Dr. Hamdan is not writing reports, she spends most of her time teaching dental students/residents or planning research projects on C.B.C.T. and artificial intelligence applications in dentistry for which she is the recipient of several awards, including the Albert G. Richards Research Grant Award and the AAOMR Research Award. Dr. Hamdan looks forward to serving referring Dentists and Faculty Practice patients throughout the week.
- Call (414) 288-6790, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 A.M. and 4 P.M. to speak with a representative or schedule your initial screening consultation.
- Current patients that have an emergency outside of regular business hours may contact our After-Hours emergency service at (262) 521-4997
- Current patients that have a dental emergency during regular business hours please contact your assigned student or Clinic Coordinator
- Emergency walk-in service is available for people in the community who need emergency care.