- Online Course Development
- Online Program Development
- Program Guidelines
- Accessible Technology
- Digital Learning Team
- Contact Us
- For questions about online teaching or course design, submit your questions to the Distance Learning Helpdesk portal.
Walk-in Consultation Hours
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Room 326 Raynor Library
PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBPAGE?
To report another problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
group dropbox assignment
Create a Group
Use Groups to design work areas for students to discuss, share and submit work as a group. Before a group assignment type is selected under the Submission & Completion section of the Dropbox folder (new experience) or Properties Tab of old dropbox experience, create a group under Communication > Groups > New Category.
- Enter a Category Name for the group.
- Enter a description (optional).
- Select Enrollment Type which is defined on how students are enrolled and how many groups are created. Enter number of students to a group.
Note: Number of Users and Advanced Properties options are available upon Enrollment Type selection. The auto-enroll and randomize user options are available under Advanced Properties.
- By default, no restrictions option is selected for Restrict Enrollments To menu (optional). This allows for subgroups based on section or group enrollment.
- Create a discussion, locker or dropbox folder or create it under that specific tool and associate it to your newly created group by selecting the Group Category menu.
- Click Save.
Group Assignment in Dropbox
- In the new dropbox experience, expand the Submission & Completion section to select the Group Assignment radio button from the Assignment Type options.
- Find the name of the group from the drop-down list of the Group Category.
- Before you Save and Close, all fields with an asterisk need to be filled.