Electrical and Computer Engineering
Ph.D., 2021, Computer Science, DePaul University, Chicago
M.S., 2010, Information Technology, University of Pune, India
- Biomedical data integration
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big data Analytics
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Distributed systems
- Information retrieval
Priya Deshpande, Alexander Rasin “Relevance-based semantic index for clinical data repository”, Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM), 2022, Kissimmee, FL. June 2022.
Priya Deshpande, Alexander Rasin, Roselyne Tchoua, Jacob Furst, Sameer Antani, and Daniela S. Raicu, “Enhancing Recall Using Data Cleaning for Biomedical Big Data”, IEEE 33rd International Symposium on Computer Based Medical Systems (CBMS), July 28-30, 2020, CBMS 2020.
Priya Deshpande, Alexander Rasin, Jun Son, Sungmin Kim, Eli Brown, Jacob Furst, Steven M. Montner, Samuel G. Armato III, and Daniela S. Raicu, “Ontology-based Radiology Teaching Files Summarization, Coverage, and Integrations”, Journal of Digital Imaging JDI, April 2020.
Priya Deshpande, Alexander Rasin, Fang Cao, Sriram Yarlagadda, Eli Brown, Jacob Furst, and Daniela S. Raicu, “Multimodal Ranked Search over Integrated Repository of Radiology Data Sources”, The 11th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval (KDIR 2019), September 17-19, 2019, Vienna, Austria, KDIR 2019.
Priya Deshpande “Biomedical Data Categorization and Integration using Human-in-the-loop Approach”, 45th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB 2019), PhD workshop, August 26-30, 2019, Los Angeles, USA, VLDB 2019.
Priya Deshpande “Biomedical Heterogeneous Data Integration and Rank Retrieval using Data Bridges”, The 42nd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research Development in Information Retrieval, PhD Workshop, July 21-25, 2019, Paris, France, ACM SIGIR 2019.
Priya Deshpande, Alexander Rasin, Jacob Furst, Daniela S. Raicu, and Sameer Antani “DiiS: A Biomedical Data Access Framework for Aiding Data Driven Research Supporting FAIR Principles”, Data 2019, 4(2), 54; https://doi.org/10.3390/data4020054, MDPI Journal. This publication is featured for the showcase in the MDPI - DATA Journal issue cover of Volume 4, Issue 2 (June 2019)
Priya Deshpande, Alexander Rasin, Eli Brown, Jacob Furst, Steven M. Montner, Samuel G. Armato III, and Daniela S. Raicu, “Big Data Integration Case Study for Radiology Data Sources”, IEEE Life Sciences Conference (LSC 2018), October 28-30, 2018, Montreal, Canada, LSC 2018.
Priya Deshpande, Alexander Rasin, Eli Brown, Jacob Furst, Steven M. Montner, Samuel G. Armato III, and Daniela S. Raicu, “Augmenting Medical Decision Making with Text-Based Search of Teaching File Repositories and Medical Ontologies: Text-Based Search of Radiology Teaching Files”, International Journal of Knowledge Discovery in Bioinformatics (IJKDB), 8(2), 18-43, IJKDB 2018.
Honors and Awards
- Senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- The Academic Growth and Innovation Fund (AGIF) Award, DePaul University for my research project: Integrated Radiology Image Search (IRIS), 2020-2021
- NSF Conference Travel Award, Los Angeles, VLDB 2019
- Travel Award, ACM-IMS Data Science Summit, San Francisco, ACM-IMS 2019
- Conference Travel Award, Paris, France, ACM SIGIR 2019
- Computing Research Association Committee on Women (CRA-W) Grad Cohort 2019, Scholarship to attend workshop, Chicago, USA, Grad Cohort April 2019
- Conference Travel Award, Montreal, Canada, LSC 2018
- Conference Travel Award, Nova Scotia, Canada, ACM KDD 2017
- DePaul University Research Scholarship 2016 - 2021