The Alumni Memorial Union Event Services website provides a central hub of resources
related to planning and executing events on Marquette University's campus. Several
university departments are represented including Sodexo Dining services/Catering,
Facilities Planning and Management, Office of Engagement & Inclusion, Office of the
Registrar, Parking Services and University Special Events.
To request campus space, please select the link below or phone (414) 288-7202. You will be further directed based on your affiliation to Marquette University.
request space here
make a payment
AMU 2nd Floor Lobby Use Guidelines
Alumni Memorial Union 2nd Floor Lobby Programming Guidelines
The AMU 2nd floor lobby is a visible, high traffic area making it an ideal location to plan an event. All details regarding the event must be confirmed in writing with an Event Coordinator in the Alumni Memorial Union Event Services Office. Please work with your Event Coordinator to ensure the following guidelines are met:
- Recognized and approved Student Organizations or University Departments may utilize the 2nd floor lobby area for programming. Student Organizations must have prior approval of the event from the Office of Engagement and Inclusion at least two weeks prior to the event day.
- Off-Campus Organizations may utilize the 2nd floor lobby for registration of events. The Assistant Director of Event Services must approve all other Off Campus Organization requests for the use of the 2nd Floor Lobby area.
- In house speakers for background music and/or announcements, managed through the University Information Center, may be utilized.
- Karaoke, events involving a DJ, loud musical instruments or amplified sound are not permitted.
- Small ensemble is permitted (four members or less)
- Up to four stage risers due to space availability (note: each riser is six feet by eight feet).
- Physical set up of the event/activity may not interfere with normal walk-by traffic and is limited to carpeted area.
Lobby tables must be staffed for duration of reservation request. Table attendants must stay at or behind table; petitioning or approaching guests without consent in building is not permitted.
Guests to the AMU are not permitted to petition or approach individuals without consent.
- Limited audience seating (up to 20 chairs) may be permitted, subject to prior approval.
- Room space(s) in close proximity may prohibit the use of the 2nd floor lobby.
- For any events scheduled in the 2nd floor lobby, only pass by traffic is allowed; where event participants may not linger for a long period of time.