Teaching Certificate for Nurse Educators
“BE THE DIFFERENCE” AS A NURSE EDUCATOR.
Are you interested in developing the next generation of nurses? Serving as a leader in the classroom and promoting excellence in nursing education? At Marquette University College of Nursing, you'll build the knowledge, competencies, and skills needed to succeed.
- Post-graduate certificate for nurses already holding an MSN, DNP, or Ph.D.
- Online format with both synchronous and asynchronous courses.
- One course at a time convenient for the working professional.
- Graduates will be academically eligible to take the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE®) exam.
- Students gain competencies in education theory and learner-centered teaching; curriculum and instruction; assessment and evaluation of learners and programs; teaching in classrooms, online environments, skills laboratories, simulation centers, and traditional clinical environments.
All programs have rolling admission.
Tuition Cost Per Credit: $1,245.00
View the course work
Post-graduate Certificate – 15 credits
Foundations in Learner Centered Teaching
Curriculum Design and Implementation
Assessment and Evaluation of Individuals and Programs
Facilitating Learning in Clinical Environments
Facilitating Learning in Classroom and Online Environments
Take the next step towards your future
Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
I'M READY TO APPLY
- Completed online application at: graduate.admissions.marquette.edu/apply
- Transcripts from all current and previous colleges and universities
- Resume or C/V
- Applicants should have graduated with, or be about to graduate with, a master of science in nursing (MSN); a doctor of nursing practice (DNP); or doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing from a nationally accredited program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.000 on a 4.000 scale is required for the most recent degree earned. For graduates of foreign nursing schools, a formal evaluation of their nursing program of study documenting equivalency to a U.S. Nursing degree must be submitted.
- Applicants must hold an unencumbered Registered Nurse license to practice in the United States.
This program is not need-based aid eligible.