- Learn about Microsoft Teams
- Download and access Microsoft Teams
- Instructors: Using Teams in your online course
- Join a Teams online class or meeting
- For Presenters: Use Spotlight in a meeting
- Using Loop components in Teams chat
- See upcoming features (and the latest features)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended Teams headsets and devices
Download and access Microsoft Teams
Welcome to Microsoft Teams! Most university-owned computers have the Microsoft Teams desktop software already installed. Search or find Microsoft Teams on the computer then launch the software.
Downloading Microsoft Teams
For personally-owned devices, download and install Microsoft Teams, available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android — if not already installed. While Teams has a web version, the Teams software gives the best experience.
Setting up Microsoft Teams
Make sure you know your Marquette email address and password. You'll need both to sign in to Teams (and your eMarq email account).
- After downloading Teams and installing the software, launch Teams on your device.
- When prompted by Teams, enter your Marquette email address, which usually follows the format of firstname.lastname@example.org. Click or tap Sign in.
- Enter your Marquette password. Click or tap Sign in.
- If your forgot your Marquette password and you registered a phone number or secondary email address for password recovery, follow these steps to reset your password.
- If you forgot your Marquette password and did not set up password recovery, contact the IT Services TechSquad at (414) 288-7799.
Desktop application vs. web version
If you follow a web link to Teams, you'll be prompted to select between the web version and the desktop version. Select the option to open the Teams desktop version.
If you decide to use the Web version, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are the recommended browsers for Microsoft Teams.
- When accessing Teams via web browser, you may be prompted for a Marquette login.
- If you see your email address as a login option, select it and enter your Marquette password.
- Otherwise, enter your marquette.edu email address (not username) and password to continue.
Please contact the IT Services TechSquad for questions about Microsoft Teams.