Record Teams Class/Meeting Sessions
Note to Instructors: Recorded sessions are best done from a Teams site for your class, as the resulting video will have restricted permissions. If your students are members of a Teams site, the video can be limited to Teams site members.
- So you've created the Teams channel meeting. (Or you scheduled a Teams meeting in Outlook.) And you've just successfully joined the meeting. Now it's time to record the session.
- Only meeting organizers (e.g., instructors, staff meeting leaders) and presenters can start and stop the recording. Learn more about roles in a Microsoft Teams meeting.
- If you plan to share your screen, click or tap the Share content icon.
- Select a sharing option: Screen, Window, Microsoft Whiteboard or PowerPoint Live. Learn more about these four sharing options. If you plan to present an audio file of video clip, select "Include computer sound." Note that the Whiteboard cannot be recorded, but the final version will remain as part of the meeting.
- Click or tap the three-dots icon for More Actions. A menu appears. Select Start Recording.
- Announce to participants that the session will be recorded. Teams will prompt you to do this.
- A red "recording" dot will appear next to the elapsed meeting time. This record icon indicates your meeting is being recorded.
- Once you are done recording, click or tap the three-dots icon for More Actions.
- From the menu, select "Stop Recording." You will be asked to confirm. Click or tap Stop Recording.
- A message will appear telling you that the recording is being saved and will be added to the meeting chat.
If you created a Teams channel meeting, the recording will appear in the channel as a post.
If you created the Teams meeting in Outlook, participants are notified in Teams chat that the video is ready in OneDrive. Clicking or tapping the "Recording is ready" notification takes you to the video recording link. Learn more about accessing Teams meeting video recordings that do not use a Teams channel.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.