Welcome to Marquette!
We're thrilled to support you on your transition to Marquette University. Our team at New Student & Family Programs has compiled some important resources as you consider your initial days and weeks as a Marquette student.
Transfer & January First-Year Student Checklist
We know there's a lot to keep track of as you start your experience at Marquette. Utilize this checklist for a place to begin. This list is will help guide both transfer students (fall & spring semesters) and new first-year students (spring semester only) joining our campus community.
Expand all | Collapse all
- Attend Orientation! View the schedule on the Marquette New Student and Family Guide.
- Introduce yourself to another transfer student.
- Ask an Orientation Leader about Studying Abroad.
- Ask an Orientation Leader about the benefits of Marquette Cash.
- Take a tour of campus to see where your classes are located.
- Get your Student ID at Union Station on the 1st floor of the AMU.
- Also pick up your bus pass (UPass) while you are there.
- Swing by The Book Marq bookstore to pick-up your textbooks and apparel.
Weekend Before Classes Begin
First Two Weeks of the Semester
- Explore the Raynor Library to find your perfect place to study.
- Set up an appointment with your advisor early in the semester.
- Visit the Marquette Clinic before you get sick so you know where to go.
- Tour the Rec Center and Rec Plex fitness facilities for students.
- Attend O-Fest in Central Mall (August) or AMU Ballrooms (January).
- Take the bus through Milwaukee to explore the city.
- Explore the services and programs provided by Career Services Center.
- Learn how to log onto Handshake, Marquette’s career management platform.
- View the University Calendar to find campus happenings.
Access Our Schedules!
Find our Marquette Guide App
Be sure to utilize this resource as your one-stop shop for all new student and family information including schedules, maps, handouts, and more. Download the Marquette app to your phone by going directly to the Apple iTunes Store or Google Play Store and searching for Marquette Guide! If you prefer to view online, you can view the Marquette Guide in your browser.
For questions and concerns, please contact New Student & Family Programs at (414) 288-1412 or email email@example.com.