Application Process & Deadlines
International Application Deadlines
Students enrolled in high school should apply as a freshman. (High school students enrolled in college course work while in high school (dual enrollment) are freshman applicants.) Students taking college credit after completion of high school should apply as transfer students.
|Early Action Deadline: November 15
||Application: November 1
|Regular Decision Deadline: January 15
||Supporting Materials: November 15
||Deposit: December 1
Early Action Applications for fall completed by the November 15 deadline will receive notification on December 15.
Transfer Student Application Deadline:
Transfer applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Admission granted as space permits.
Expand all | Collapse all
Application options: Common Application or Marquette Application
Complete one of these applications:
Upon application submission, you will receive access information for your online application account. Log in to manage your account and check your application status.
Admission Decision and Notification
- The Early Action application deadline for freshmen (first-year) students is November 15. If you choose to apply Early Action and complete your application on time, you will receive a decision by December 15. Marquette's Regular Decision deadline for fall is January 15. Regular Decision notifications will be made starting February 1. Applications received after the deadline are reviewed on a rolling and space-available basis.
- Applications for conditional admission are reviewed when all materials except English language evidence are received.
- Admission decisions can usually be made with unofficial documents. Upload unofficial documents to your online application account. Official documents must be received prior to issuance of I-20 and enrollment.
- Admission decision notifications are sent via email and can be viewed in your application account.
- Transfer applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling bases. There is no application deadline for transfer applicants. Transfer application decisions for the Fall are announced beginning in December. Spring decisions are announced beginning in September.
From Admission to Enrolling - The Next Steps
Final admission notification will include detailed information about the Next Steps to enroll at Marquette, including information about your Form I-20, deposits, housing and more.
Transfer credit evaluation occurs after the final admission decision. After the official transcripts and course descriptions have arrived, it can take three to four weeks to complete. See "View transfer credit report" under "Academics" tab in your CheckMarq account.