Admissions: International Students/Graduates
If you are a non-resident of the United States who wishes to apply for the professional phase of the doctorate of physical therapy (DPT) degree on a competitive basis as a transfer student, then you must:
- Have all of your prerequisite coursework completed;
- Apply to the Physical Therapy Central Application Service (PTCAS) on line at http://www.ptcas.org/home.aspx
- Submit a $20 supplemental fee and questions for the PTCAS submission which can be found at: http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/Listing.aspx?seqn=821&navid=10737426783.
- Send your TOEFL scores to PTCAS online (Marquette University requires a minimum IBT TOEFL score of 80, with no sub-score below 20. TOEFL can be waived if non-native English speakers have successfully completed 2+ years of full-time coursework at a regionally accredited college or university from within the United States. In certain circumstances, IELTS scores can be substituted for the TOEFL);
- Submit your academic transcripts for an evaluation to World Education Services, Inc. http://www.wes.org. They can be contacted by phone at (212) 966-6311; and,
- Send completed financial sponsorship form. For more information and instructions, please see https://www.marquette.edu/oie/international-students.php.
Applications that are complete can be processed through PTCAS as early as one year prior the fall year of entry desired but no later than November 1st of the year prior to entry for consideration.
Further inquiries and questions may be directed to Dr. Andy Starsky, admissions chairperson for the Department of Physical Therapy by calling (414) 288-7161 or by e-mailing the Department.
If you are a non-resident of the United States and intend to pursue or complete an undergraduate degree at Marquette University as a student, you can apply online.
Any student interested in general Marquette campus, housing, tuition, financial aid, and other information may do so by calling University Admissions at 800-222-6544. Students can be added to the University’s mailing lists to announce any open houses or scholarship competitions which may be of interest.