Physician Assistant Program Application
Becoming a physician assistant requires academic rigor and exacting skills. Our program seeks applicants with excellent academic backgrounds, along with strong interpersonal skills and maturity. Prior health care experience is also an indicator of a career commitment to clinical practice. The admission process considers each applicant's strengths and selects those best qualified to meet our program's mission.
In alignment with our mission and that of the AAPA, Marquette University strives to increase diversity in both the accepted student body and the PA profession. Marquette applies preference to excellent students who demonstrate HRSA diversity factors such as first-generation college students, economically or educationally disadvantaged backgrounds, English not the primary language, military status (active, veteran, and reserves), from medically underserved areas, and rural hometowns for the purposes of enhancing the diversity and community representation of the cohort and of the profession. Additional applicants demonstrating unique life experiences may be selected for interviews.
MU PA Application Checklist
All electronic application materials must be received by CASPA no later than August 1 of each year.
- Submission of a completed application to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) at www.caspaonline.org
- Three letters of reference.
- $80 MU Supplemental Application fee (non-refundable) submitted online or mailed to the address below. Applications completed and verified by CASPA will not be reviewed without the supplemental application fee. Electronic payment preferred. Please note: there is no supplemental application to complete, this is only a supplemental fee outside of CASPA.
- Acuity Insights Assessment (Casper) scores submitted to the Marquette PA Program.
Payment for the application fee can be done electronically to Marquette University via the link in CASPA. Checks and money orders for the application fee should be made payable to Marquette University, Physician Assistant Studies and mailed to:
Once the application has been CASPA verified, no further updates and additions to the application will be considered in the evaluation of the application. Applicants must apply to CASPA the same year they are seeking admission. The PA program does not accept any deferments.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.000 or greater as calculated by the centralized application system (CASPA).
- Academic preparation including total and science grade point averages and science quality points (an assessment of quantity and performance in science coursework)
- Motivation, maturity, ability to work with people and suitability for clinical practice
- Minimum of 200 hours of patient contact and other health care experience. All hours must be submitted and documented on the CASPA application. Additional hours after submission will not be counted toward the total. (Note: health care shadowing does not count toward this requirement)
- Knowledge of the PA profession and its role in the health care system
- GRE for graduate applicants and seniors is optional. Applicants choosing to submit a GRE should send it to Marquette Physician Assistant Studies program code 5872.
- Letters of recommendation
- Accuity Insights Assessments
- Casper 90- to 110-minute online, open-response situational judgment test
- Duet not required to apply to our program
- Personal interviews
The program currently admits 75 students per class consisting of a target class makeup of approximately 27 Marquette University applicants majoring in Biomedical Science. (A limited amount of acceptances are typically reserved for Marquette applicants and graduates from majors outside of Biomedical Sciences).
Immunization Requirements: All students MUST be up to date with all immunizations and health maintenance requirements as outlined in the Immunizations and Health Maintenance Policy. Failure to comply will result in the inability to begin the program or participate in the experiential learning components of the program which start in the didactic year.
*Note: We do not accept transfer of students from other Physician Assistant programs for advanced standing. These students must also meet all the admission requirements and complete the entire physician assistant curriculum if accepted. There are no opportunities for advanced placement.