Anthropology Degree Requirements
The major in anthropology consists of 30 credit hours including six required anthropology courses (18 credit hours). Please visit the anthropology electives, undergraduate bulletin, and the suggested curriculum pages for additional information.
- Being Human
- Cultural Anthropology
- Human Evolutionary Processes
- Urban Anthropology
- Archaeology and Prehistoric Cultures
- Capstone: Theory and Practice in Anthropology
Students also need to take four electives from a variety of anthropology courses offered by our full-time and part time faculty. Three out of four elective courses must be upper-division. Credits received by participating in the Interdisciplinary Internship Program (other than ANTH 4986) may be used toward the degree as one of the elective courses.
Two of the following courses can also count toward the anthropology major:
- SOCI 3500 Culture, Health and Illness
- SOWJ 2200 Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- SOWJ 3450 Arab and Muslims in Global Context
- SOWJ 4700 Global Aid and Humanitarianism