We'll see you at SPARK in JUNE!
We're excited to welcome you to campus for SPARK! Please note that when you arrive on campus, we ask that you go directly to the Commons to check-in (11:30 am – 12:30 pm) for your overnight accommodations. Then proceed to the Alumni Memorial Union for SPARK check-in (12:00 - 1:00 pm). You will check-in based on your academic college. Please note that no college changes will occur during SPARK. Here is a link to a campus map for your convenience.
Prior to your Session
Your SPARK Leader will call you before your session and see if you have any questions prior to your arrival on campus.
As a reminder - groups during SPARK are assigned by college and there will be no college changes during SPARK. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at least one week prior to your session if you have any questions.
Visit the Marquette New Student & Family Guide App!
SPARK is mobile! We will try to be paperless during SPARK and utilize the New Student & Family Guide to help you prepare for your time on campus, this guide will include schedules, to do lists, maps, handouts, and more. There is one guide with different information for new students, parents and families. This guide will be used and updated throughout SPARK, Orientation, and Family Weekend!
Prior to SPARK, download Marquette New Student & Family Guide to your phone or mobile device by going directly to the Apple Store or Google Play Store and search for Marquette. If you prefer to explore online click on the following guide: Marquette New Student & Family Guide. The app will be the only place to access information about SPARK!
Students and parents/families will begin and end their time on campus together but will be separated for most of the programming. Please review each schedule on the Marquette New Student & Family Guide. We will have a variety of programs for students and family members to help inform, ease and plan for life on campus in the fall!
What to Bring and Other Important Details
- A laptop or Chromebook for use during course registration. We do not recommend using iPads, Tablets or phones for this process.
- Please bring your Marquette (CheckMarq) username and password. If you do not know your username and/or password, contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk at 414-288-7799 prior to attending SPARK.
- Review the Technology To-Dos for New Students from Marquette IT Services for additional help and information.
- Download the Marquette New Student & Family Guide and bring your mobile device! Again, we will have a very limited number of hard copy fliers available. Please let us know in advance if you or your guests would prefer access to a paper schedule during SPARK.
- Students who need to take the Second Language On-line Placement Exam or Survey should do so prior to SPARK. Please click here for details. All students should bring a printout of their results with them to SPARK.
- Students who need to thake the Math Placement Assessment should do so prior to SPARK. Please click here for details.
- AP Test results might not be known at the time of your SPARK Session. For those scores you know, please bring documentation, for those you do not, be prepared to speak with your adviser about this during SPARK.
- A writing utensil and paper for taking notes during college meetings.
- Dress during SPARK is casual. Look at the weather forecast and plan to dress comfortably and Marquette attire is always welcome!
- Students, there will be a variety of fun activities for you to participate in during your overnight stay, including bowling! Please be sure to bring a pair of socks to this event.
- Note that baby-sitting services and children's programs are not provided during SPARK.
Overnight Accommodations for Students
All students will stay in the Commons. All guest rooms include the following items for each guest: pillow, pillowcase, sheets, bath towel, and washcloth. You will be able check your luggage during SPARK Day 2 in the Alumni Memorial Union and pick it up after checking out with your leader.
At this time, we are not allowing students to request roommates during SPARK. It is our hope students will meet as many people on campus as possible!
Overnight Accommodations for Guests
If you are bringing guests (parents or family members) with you to SPARK, they will need to find separate overnight accommodations in advance of SPARK. Please note that the SPARK Program does not provide overnight accommodations for parents, family members or guests. Accommodations may also be made at local hotels.
Directions to Campus & Parking
Please visit this website for directions to Marquette University's campus.
Overnight SPARK participants should park in the Parking Structure 2 located at 13th Street and Wells Street. Parents & Families not staying overnight, are encouraged to park in Structure 1 located on 16th Street & Wisconsin Avenue. When you arrive, you should identify yourself as SPARK guests in order to park for free.
Transportation from Mitchell Airport - There are a variety of ground transportation services from Milwaukee’s Mitchell Airport to the Marquette area. Taxi services & Uber are available at the airport, or reserve shuttle transportation in advance at www.goairportconnection.com.
If you have any remaining questions regarding SPARK or details of your registration, visit the SPARK Website or contact the Office of Student Development at (414) 288-1412 or email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you on campus soon!