We'll see you in June for SPARK@Home!
for Virtual @Home Session on Microsoft Teams
We're excited to meet you on Microsoft Teams for your SPARK Session!
Prior to your Session
Don't forget to finish your New Student Checklist! You are required to complete the checklist by Noon the day before your session. Please note: some items on the Checklist are due on May 31 so our team can review prior to your session.
Remember - you must attend the required SPARK Day 1 Meetings (Group Meeting, Welcome, and College Meeting) in order to register for classes on Day 2.
Your SPARK Leader will call you prior to your session and send your personalized Microsoft Teams meeting links to your Marquette email. Your leader is excited to connect with you and help you begin your Marquette journey.
As a reminder - groups during SPARK are assigned by college and there will be no college changes during SPARK. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at least one week prior to your session if you have any questions.
Visit the Marquette New Student & Family Guide App!
SPARK is mobile! Students and Families should utilize the New Student & Family Guide to help you prepare for your time on campus, this guide will include schedules, to do lists, maps, handouts, and more. There is one guide with different information for new students, parents and families. This guide will be used and updated throughout SPARK, Orientation, and Family Weekend!Prior to SPARK, download Marquette New Student & Family Guide to your phone or mobile device by going directly to the Apple Store or Google Play Store and search for Marquette. If you prefer to explore online click on the following guide: Marquette New Student & Family Guide. The app will be the only place to access information about SPARK!
Family Programs with your Student!
Like our in-person programs, parents/families are invited to join the Welcome Program at 2:00 p.m. and the College Meeting at 3:00 p.m. with their student using the same Microsoft Teams Link. We will not be providing the links directly to the parents/families.
What to have Ready and Other Important Details
- Check your Marquette email and look for Outlook Calendar invitations from your SPARK Leader!
- A laptop or Chromebook for use during SPARK & course registration. We do not recommend using iPads, Tablets or phones for this process.
- Please have your Marquette (CheckMarq) username and password. If you do not know your username and/or password, contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk at 414-288-7799 prior to SPARK.
- Review the Technology To-Dos for New Students from Marquette IT Services for additional help and information.
- Download the Marquette New Student & Family Guide.
- Students who need to take the Second Language On-line Placement Exam or Survey should do so prior to SPARK. Please click here for details.
- AP Test results might not be known at the time of your SPARK Session. For those scores you know, please have documentation, for those you do not, be prepared to speak with your adviser about this during SPARK.
- A writing utensil and paper for taking notes during college meetings.
- Invite your families to join you to for the Welcome and College Meeting! The students will have the log-in information.
- Review the Session 5 Schedule at a Glance
If you have any remaining questions regarding SPARK or details of your registration, visit the SPARK Website or contact the Office of Student Development at (414) 288-1412 or email@example.com.
Welcome to Marquette!